The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dar una Charla

No pictures this time, but good news:  I gave my first charla at the health center on Tuesday!  Charla literally translates to ¨chat¨, but it is actually a short lecture.  I spoke for 10 or 15 minutes about the importance of fruits and vegetables ALL IN SPANISH to the handful of people in the waiting room.  I hope to put pictures up soon, but they are on Renee´s camera.  The charla went well in general, but I was told afterwards that fruits and vegetables are too expensive.  Next time (Thursday) I will have to be more culturally sensitive. 

List of gifts from home that I have used so far:

soccer ball
travel alarm
ipod dock
skirts and tank tops
stationary
collapsible water bottle
playing cards
photo album
watch
calendar
toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner
Spanish fan
Spanish dictionary

Thanks for the gifts!  I use them all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment