The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Peace Out!

My Peace Corps adventure began on late Saturday afternoon as I made my way through the sea of guests whom had flooded the bottom floor of my parents' house on Gibbons Drive.  I had sent out an e-vite and facebook event less than two weeks prior with hope that I would be able to see a few familiar faces before my departure.  Little did I know that I would be overwhelmed by the turnout and sense of loving support from each individual who took time to bid me farewell.  I truly feel blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.


THANK YOU:

Aunt Kathy, Uncle Ed, Katie, Andy, Mom, and Dad for hosting the party;

Linda for documenting the night like a professional photographer (great pictures!);

All of the guests!  Thank you for bringing food and drinks, for traveling a long way to and from the party, for stopping by even for a short while.  You all have had a positive influence on my life and give me the courage to seek adventure! 

             
I seek it now. . .

1 comment:

  1. This idea of making a blog is great, thank you for sharing your experience.

    Wish you the Best luck and Karma for your experience outside US.

    Some times, a little pick of the world is enought to get caried away and embrace your surroundings..

    Once in a wild call your loved ones at distance and share your news. (",)

    Ricardo

    ReplyDelete